Call for Abstracts
Call for Abstracts: ECEIM Congress 2017
The ECEIM is proud to announce its 10th Annual Congress, held in the capital city of Hungary, the beautiful Budapest from 2-4 November, 2017.
The ECEIM invites submission of research presentations in two formats – oral and poster presentations.
Abstracts for oral presentations will be included in the main programme and are limited to 12 minutes followed by 3 minutes’ discussion. Poster presentations will be available for viewing throughout the duration of the conference.
Accepted poster abstracts will also be presented as flash presentations. The flash presentation includes a 90 seconds’ introduction of your study during the main programme to draw people’s attention to your research topic and to encourage people to view your poster. Posters will be presented as E-posters, format requirements can be found below.
Papers relating to recent research into any aspect of equine internal medicine will be considered, as long as they have not been previously published or (inter-)nationally presented prior to the 2017 ECEIM Congress.
Both diplomates and residents are encouraged to submit abstracts for presentation!
Deadline for abstract submission: 30 June, 2017
Abstracts received will be peer-reviewed according to subject categories for scientific content, experimental design, animal welfare, and relevance to equine internal medicine and adherence to abstract guidelines. Decision on acceptance will be notified before 30 August, 2017.
It is not allowed to submit abstracts on (parts) of research projects that have been previously published or (inter-)nationally presented prior to the ECEIM Congress 2017.
The submission of an abstract implies the author’s willingness to present the abstract at the Congress.
Abstract guidelines for On-line abstract submission
Abstracts can only be submitted electronically by using the on-line abstract submission page.
Online abstract submission deadline: 30 June, 2017
Notification of authors: 30 August, 2017
Upon receipt of your submission, the system will automatically issue a confirmation e-mail to the submitting author. If the confirmation e-mail is not found in your in-box, please check your spam folder because some e-mail hosts might consider the abstract system’s mail as spam. If you do not find the confirmation e-mail, please contact us at: email@example.com
You can modify/delete/change your abstract at any time during the abstract submission period.
Important Requirements (please check carefully!)
- You may submit as many abstracts as you like
- Abstracts will be printed and published as they are submitted. Abstract title will be subject to a spell check if the abstract is selected for presentation
- All abstracts (oral presentations and posters) will be published in the Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine (n.b. online version only). Abstracts will also be published in the proceedings of the ECEIM congress
- If changes to your abstract are necessary, you can make them in the on-line abstract submission system during the submission period, after log in and choosing the „Modify” button. If changes are necessary after the end of the on-line submission period, please notify the Congress Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the authors consent to publication
- Presenters of accepted abstracts must register for the Congress by the early-bird deadline
- Presenters who are unable to attend the congress should arrange another person to present the paper
Notification of Acceptance
Notification regarding abstract acceptance/rejection will be sent by 30 August, 2017. If you DO NOT receive notification by 30 August, 2017, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
The scientific committee reserves the right to change the format of your presentation according to availability.
Abstract Format Requirements
- Please choose, if you are submitting your abstract for a poster or as an oral presentation
- Please choose which topic your abstract covers and state that the work is not presented or published elsewhere before the ECEIM Congress 2-4 November, 2017.
- Abstract length: Abstracts should not exceed 250 words. The title, authors and institutions are excluded. Abstracts should contain concise statements of:
- Objectives: indicate the purpose and objective of the research, or give a description of the problem being investigated
- Methods: describe the study settings, design, methods of data collection and analysis
- Results: clearly present the findings of the investigation
- Discussion: discuss the results and provide future implications
- Conclusions: summarize the main conclusions of the work
- Significance: explore the significance of your findings
- Text formatting and special characters: Font type and size are not specified. The text should be in single-column format, do not use the word processor's options to justify text or to hyphenate words. However, do use bold face, italics, subscripts, superscripts etc. If you copy and paste text from a word document special characters or formatting may not transfer. In this case please replace special characters and/or insert formatting tags using the character palette in the abstract submission system.
- Authors: Please enter all submitting authors in the order they should appear in the heading of the abstract. Presenting author should be marked.
- Institutions: Enter institutional affiliations of all submitting authors
- Corresponding author: Please identify the corresponding author (when you creating your account and password under the contact details fields). This person will receive all communication regarding the abstract status from the organizer.
- Proof: Check carefully the proof of your abstract, make sure all special characters, symbols and formatting are displayed properly. If the special characters & symbols do not appear, please send your full abstract to the Congress Office by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) as an attachment.
Poster Format Instructions
- During the Congress programme, posters will be presented as E-posters (http://www.epostersystem.com/about_en.htm), and as Flash Presentations.
- Guide to creating an E-poster: http://www.epostersystem.com/howto_en.htm
- If, for some reason you are unable to create the E-poster according to the above mentioned requirements, you can find a downloadable PPT template at this link: http://www.epostersystem.com/template_en.htm which can be edited and saved as PDF.
- After creating the E-poster, please send the PDF file to the Congress Office: email@example.com
Please send your E-poster until 8 October 2017, the latest!
The E-poster is a simple, convenient and enviroment friendly way of presenting posters!
Important: Using Appropriate Internet Browser
Please use one of the following browsers when submitting an abstract. (You can download the right browser from the abstract system log-in page.) Please check your browser’s version number BEFORE using the abstract system.
Internet Explorer 9.0+
Mozilla Firefox 4.0+
Google Chrome 13.0+
Mozilla Firefox 4.0+
Google Chrome 13.0+
I am not able to add my Institute, Department and City. I am clicking the ADD button, but nothing happens.
Please check your browser, because likely you are using Internet Explorer 7.0 version, which might cause dysfunctions. You can download other browsers from the abstract system log-in page.
How to check my browser?
Open your browser. Click on help menu (Windows) or Application Preferences (MAC OSX) and check "About ...".
The system does not accept my email address
Please do not use capital letters in your e-mail address
I clicked the "save and preview" button and nothing happens
Please check all submitted data, look for error messages and correct or fill missing fields.
Examples for frequent messages:
Please select presenting author!
Please check your abstract length!
I clicked the "save and preview" button, but the system did not save my abstract
After clicking the “Save and preview” button, you can check your abstract’s preview.
If you want to modify it, you can select “Edit” button.
If the preview is OK, click the “Save” button and your abstract will be saved and submitted.
If you have any difficulty with the submission process, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.